Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh, Valentine's Day





Singles & cynics get ready to vomit -- it's that beloved holiday filled with candy and unwanted PDA all over the place -- that's right, Valentine's Day! I've always been single on this particular holiday.  I've heard many a not-so-gentleman claim that you've "gotta dump her before" so they don't have to buy anything.  That being said, I have every intention of taking myself to see The Vow with Rachel McAdams & Channing Tatum .  Cheesy and awful?  Perhaps.  But I'd like to point out that it was the top grossing film this weekend at the box office.  So whatever.  If cheesy chick flicks aren't your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day for being single, then here are some recommendations from an article I found on what you could do. There are the usuals -- treat yourself (spa day), go out with other singles (unless all your friends are seeing someone in which case you may want to revert to option one).  Fancy dinner, concerts and the more interesting one to me is volunteering.  While at first I thought "really, couples get a nice dinner, maybe a new outfit and probably great sex, they're expecting me to give out cookies & sponge baths?"  However, Valentine's Day is about love so why does that have to mean candle lit dinners with someone you may break up with by next year?

Single and want some ideas?  Read this: 8 Ways Singles Can Celebrate Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment