Monday, February 13, 2012

No I Don't Snub Celebrities...on purpose.


Andrew Belle came in to the restaurant I work at.  I'd never heard of him before.  He seems like a John Mayer-Damien Rice hybrid.  Not so pop as Mayer but not as dark as Rice can be.  He was playing for a private dinner (this guy proposed in a private room with rose petals and candles everywhere).   It was actually one of the most awesome dinners I've helped coordinate.  The story amongst my friends is that I have a tendency to somewhat unintentionally "snub" relatively famous or accomplished people.  While I didn't snub this guy, I had to confess to him that I didn't know him.   He was impressively good and notably polite.  When I got home I looked him up to find he has an international tour going on which now makes me feel stupid going "Hey, um, I've never heard you before but you're really good!"  I was hoping he'd have a CD I could buy and that he'd sign but he didn't have any on him.  I did give him my business card, for whatever that's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment