Saturday, June 9, 2012

Getting It Together

It's a process, this whole life thing.  That's pretty much all I've been talking about lately, but I'm excited now.  I just started my first professional blog The Chicago Event Planner which means I probably won't be posting here everyday, but I haven't exactly been anyway...

Last night I went to the Midsommer fest in Andersonville.  It was a lot of fun and it made me realize that I need to get out and have more fun more often.  I dive into work, I come home and I mostly just obsess over work stuff.  But the idea of work hard, play hard is a good one.  You need to let loose and just be vivacious for life once in awhile.   I have everything I need to make me a happy person, I just need to want to be happy.  And I do.

I've decided that when it comes to my life both professionally and personally I just need to go full throttle. I have to try in every way I can.  For awhile I was becoming dissatisfied with my job and I let one thing get to me and inside my head.  I let it distract me from the obvious: I work in one of the top steakhouses in Chicago with some of the most amazing chefs who are willing to teach me about food, an amazing wine director who has taught me so much about wine and a supportive group of people who will give me the tools to learn and get better if I just ask them.  So that's what I need to do.  I've taken home copies of our menu descriptions, I have that wine book I need to crack into more and I also need to get better at Spanish and I've found really awesome podcasts that do just that.  I have all the things I need to be exactly the person I want to be and brains enough to get whatever I don't have.  It's been taking me some time and maybe I just needed some sun, but for the first time in a long time I'm feeling really excited about my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment